Sunday, May 8, 2011

I Miss My Little Momma


My little momma. I loved her more than my life. Anything she wanted I wanted to try to do or get for her.

Mom looked after not only me but also my five siblings and taught us so much of the good things we are. Respect not only your elders, but also yourselves. To treat others better than you expect them to treat you. Always try to see the good side of people even if you have to search real hard. She was always a positive person and the only person I ever knew that could settle my daddy down when he got on a tear. She loved us, she protected us and she paddled us if need be.

Mom was a stay at home mom and was always there to comfort us if we got hurt, to rejoice with us if we did good and remind us to stay the honest path.

I love you Mom and miss you more that I can ever say...

6 comments:

joanne said...

our mom's were cut from the same cloth...and they both taught us well...enjoy your Mother's Day Helen...love you!

BB said...

Great sentiments Helen - my Mum is one of those 'great things come in little packages' people too!
:-)
BB

Debbie said...

Sigh. Wonderful Moms weren't they? I so miss mine too Ms. Helen...

Great things come in small packages!

Love ya!

Sara said...

A lovely message, Helen. My mom was also a stay-at-home mom and always there to patch up a skinned knee, etc. I miss her too!

Bluebird49 said...

3 months ago, I lost my Mama--and I still think about calling her sometimes when I sit here missing her. I just haven't felt like myself since she died on March 29th. I was fortunate to have her for 61 years...and I am not sure I know how to "live" without her!

Institute for Internet Safety said...

Our mothers are the most important persons of our lives. Even we have our own families, still they will remain in our lives, never will be forgotten. The memories with them will be forever cherished by us.