Sunday, January 3, 2010

Am I Lucky, Or What….

 

Carol's place 010

Carol's place 003

When you get to wake up to sunrises like this it makes almost makes me want to get up to look outside.  Carol's place 004  Carol's place 005 Some of the cow that are just outside the back door.  The cows that are getting ready to calve or have just recently calved are in the pasture right out the back yard.

Carol's place 007 My cousin’s 38 year old son came by and he and a fellow that works with him built a snowman in the front yard.

Carol's place 008 Oscar had never built a snowman before.  I wish my breath hadn’t fogged up this shot and I hope Oscar went home and got out with his kids and showed them about building a snowman.

Carol's place 009 Scott putting on the finally touches.  I love this young man.  He so thinks out of the box and I love that in him, among other things.  He’s ornery as the dickens and his mom says he will be a forever kid.   I told her I hope so…Carol's place 013

Now the neighbor across the road slipped over and added a kid’s shotgun… so the one-upsmanship is going on. 

More to follow.  Y’all be safe in this weather now.

5 comments:

DocSly said...

It is the simple things in life that give some of us pleasure and we call ourselves "Lucky". I would like your nephew! I hope to never grow out of being a kid at heart. It is soooooo cold here in South Dakota. Warm wishes to you.

farmlady said...

You're going to be OK, my friend. "So much depends upon
a red wheelbarrow
glazed with rain water
beside the white chickens"
~william carlos williams~

and..., a mother cow ready to give birth in a field covered with snow.
and..., a snowman with a child's rifle; and ...., you know what I mean.

Reddirt Woman said...

So good to hear from you DocSly. I've been out of the loop some on my blog reading and trying to play catch up. Remaining a kid at heart is so very important I think. You can take care of the adult business that you have to but nobody should ever let go of that kid inside that makes us truly enjoy the simple things in life.

Yes, I do know what you mean and it makes me smile to know that you, too, know...

hetty said...

Fantastic sunrise! Cows outside the back door ready to give birth! Builting snowmen in the front yard! Wonderful stuff. All this will keep you young at heart too! I am glad things are working out for you.

Twisted Fencepost said...

Yes, beautiful!
I want to build a snowman! But I have no snow. *sniff*sniff*