Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Rain...

I like the rain. It's very calming and I sleep very well with the rain coming down steadily, gently. There's a couple of things that are not wonderful with the rain, though. When it starts to rain, we lose our satellite internet. We are far enough out in the country that we have no cable, so we have to depend on satellites for our television and our internet, and our television satellite is just that, television. So we have to have another company for our internet. Fortunately the tv doesn't go out quite as easily, but we have had some pretty bad storms come through that have knocked out the tv satellite as well, which makes you a bit nervous when you live in the Oklahoma, in tornado alley, in a mobile home, but that's another story. The other thing bad about a rain front is that it makes me hurt. I've noticed the last several years that when the barometer changes my fibromyalgia kicks up and I just hurt. So I usually end up back in bed with my two living hot water bottles cuddled up to me. Not that I mind a nap, but I just get tired of being tired and hurting sometimes. Then it quits raining and I go out and walk around the yard and take photos like these:





I am blessed in soooo many ways...

4 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

I plan to wear red stiletto heals with the monkey dress. I think I will look fetching!!

Hallie

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

45th reunion? HOLY COW!!!

H :)

Twisted Fencepost said...

I can sleep like a big dog during a rain storm under a tin roof. Speaking of big dog, your wet "living water bottle" is adorable.

joanne said...

I love a rainy night, especially a summer storm. Your pics are just beautiful. Your "hot water bottle" is darling too. It really sounds like you are out there...how far is it to get groceries, etc? I think I would love the solitude...except when all the satelites go out ;)