Sunday, August 3, 2008

It's Freakin' Hot!

It is 8 p.m. Sunday evening and it is 100 degrees outside. I would love to be outside working in the yard, but I walk out for 5 minutes and I'm sweating like the dickens. I have decided that you can get sore from overworked sweat glands. I have been so sore today all over and I didn't do much of anything yesterday but sweat when I was cutting grass on the riding mower.. even my eyelids were sweating. I think after all these years I'm truly learning why folks call them lazy summer days, and I'm working on perfecting being lazy when it's this hot.

Thank God for air conditioners...

1 comment:

Mama C. said...

Whooee woman! You can keep the heat right where you are... with my perimenopausal state being what it is these days, I think I'd have all of my food delivered and never leave home until December sometime!

Thanks for "following directions" and stopping by to say hey on my blog. I'm always up for meeting new friends, so feel free to add me to your blogger buds list (as I have you to mine...although I'd prefer to add you by name, rather than "Reddirt Woman"! :), and to stop by whenever you'd like.