Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I Love Google...

I'm sure that anyone that drops by my site knows full well by now that I'm such a newbie at all this computer stuff. I was drug, kicking and screaming, into the computer age by my roomie and my brother back in my fifties. My wonderful middle brother... He moved back in with our aging parents and cared for them so they could stay at home, and for a time he was also able to work outside the home. One of the jobs that he had was working for AOL as a phone tech and one of his perks were two AOL accounts. He, of course, had his and the second one he set up for Missy and for me. I didn't understand that at all since I was afraid to even turn the computer on for fear of blowing it up, but they both assured me that would not happen. The big incentive for me was communication with my sibs. While I hate to write a letter because my handwriting is crap, I don't mind typing and I always, it seems, have something to tell one or the other or all of my sibs and now friends, too.

So, anyway, here I am, 10+ years later trying to figure out this blogging stuff and write my thoughts about whatever pops into my mind while I still have one, and one of the things that popped into my head today was how much fun it is to google. While I am one of those people who has a lot of useless info floating around in my cerebrum, sometmes there are questions that come up that I'm not sure about and what fun it is to type in that little space and click that magnifying glass and walaaa!! Answers, not just one, but millions of choices for the answers!! Too.Much.Fun.

I'm a happy camper. An instantaneous way to add to the compendium of mostly useless knowledge shoved into the grey matter... Now if I can just remember the facts when I want or need them. But if I can't, I can always google them.... again.

4 comments:

Alice said...

I love google too! It can be addictive. Which is bad. But it is nice to get answers instantaneously.

I love that you learned computers as a adult. Way to go!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Hi my name is Hallie and I'm a GOOGLE-HOLIC!!

Hallie :)

Twisted Fencepost said...

Looks like your doing a might fine job, there, learning the computer stuff. Hang in there, you'll be teaching someone else before long!

joanne said...

I l.o.v.e. Google too! I love being able to find all sorts of useless tid bits to impress my kids with ;) I'm in my fifties now and i'm just getting the hang of all this computer stuff. Up until a few months ago all I could do was check my e-mail and Google...i'm starting to catch on. Never to old to learn something new right ? take care ;)