Friday, August 15, 2008

Home Again...

Last Saturday my brother and sister-in-law called me and wanted me to meet them for brunch. They had driven up to Okla. City for a medical meeting, and since they were in the vicinity, decided to call so we could have a visit while they were up this way. We met at a Cracker Barrel (love those pancakes) and to make a long story short, they kidnapped me. Well, not really kidnapped since they had to follow me out into the country so I could get some clothes and drop off my truck and tell my friend that I was being abducted for a few days. They had not been to my home since we got it last year so they got to find out where in the boonies we were and got to see the garden and I dug up a mess of red potatoes, picked some tomatoes and okra and loaded up and headed south to Ft. Worth. My sister-in-law had finished her schooling a year ago to become an ordained minister, and while she is not looking for a church to be assigned to, she can, and has, married 'em and buried 'em and she tries to save folks souls in between, but last Sunday was the first time that she was going to take the pulpit of their church for the main Sunday service. Now, this is a fairly good sized church and she had been asked, instead of the associate pastor, to preach while the pastor was at conference , so she was, understandably, pretty nervous and she really wanted me and other family members there for moral and emotional support. I don't really understand why she wanted me there, since I basically am pretty much a heathen even though I do believe in God, about the only time I go to church anymore is when I'm in Ft. Worth visiting at their home, but she and I get along real well and she does value my opinion, which, of course, I don't offer unless I'm asked.... or mad, or just in the mood to opinionize. So that's the reason I've been away. I was abducted and my brother couldn't un-abduct me until yesterday because he was on duty at the hospital, but I'm back now and looking forward to speculating, cogitating and agitating on any thing that comes to what little mind I have left, and am glad to be back to my slower paced way of life.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

1 comment:

joanne said...

Well if you've got to be kidnapped that's the way to go!! Glad you were there to support your sister-in-law, she obviously wanted you to be there. Glad you are back and everything is o.k. Have a great weekend ;)